Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Food + Friends

Being a grad student can be a little awkward at times. Like the time the girl sitting next to you in class realizes you're too old to pledge her sorority and then looks at you like you have SARS. Or when you go on Spring Break, and people assume you're going some where warm and fabulous and possibly making a guest appearance on Girls Gone Wild.

Yeah, no.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that I'm currently in the midsts of the best Spring break-ever. I haven't had one ounce of tequila and my dignity is still very much intact. I've spent the last 5 days galavanting around San Francisco with my best friends and I am now heading to wine country to relax with my boyfriend.

One of the things I miss most about living in San Francisco is the food. So every time I come back for a visit, it turns into an eating adventure. Here are some highlights from this last weekend:

Pizza night at Mya's with dough from Arizmendi Bakery



Dessert-Old Fashion Chocolate and Vanilla Buttercreme Cupcakes from Miette
(Photo's from the Miette Website, once again, I ate my cupcake before I could take a photo)

Saturday we ventured to Mission Cheese (in the Mission, of course). They're known for their gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, and it is NOT a disappointment.

Fig & Sharp Vermont Cheddar Grilled Cheese

Then, simply because it was cold outside, we ate Pho (traditional Vietnamese soup). I mean, why not?


Saturday night the food was pretty unremarkable due to the fact that it was St. Patty's day and most of the restaurants in the city were packed full of people who had been drinking since 10 am.

Sunday 6 of us met for brunch at Polkers, known for their ridiculously delish burgers and for making 6 twenty-something girls feel like they may never button their pants again. I'm too embarrassed to post what I ate, but let's just say it may have involved two hamburger patties, buffalo chicken, onion rings and curly fries.

After Polkers we walked around for about an hour, and once we decided that we'd burned enough calories to justify it, we ended up eating this:

That my friends, would be rice pudding from Loving Cup. The flavors range from Heath bar flavored to cookies and cream. I went with the traditional vanilla, which never disappoints. If you're ever on Polk street in San Francisco, be sure to check them out.

That concludes my post. Ugh, I think I need to go to the gym. Wait, who am I kidding?! Stay tunned for adventures in eating and wine tasting in Sutter Creek.


No comments:

Post a Comment