Friday, March 23, 2012

Sutter Creek & Apple Hill


Living in California, I usually take for granted how close I live to some of the most beautiful places on earth. I've just returned from two nights in a tiny town called Sutter Creek. Located near Placerville about 2 hours from Tahoe and 90 minutes from San Francisco.


This was my second time in Sutter Creek. It's the perfect place to stay while wine tasting in the Sierra foothill wine region located in Amador county.

This was also my second time staying at the Handford House Bed & Breakfast. The location is perfect and the grounds and rooms are both quaint and modern. It's own by a young couple named Robert & Athena and they have created the ideal getaway.

Did I mention every morning they deliver fresh baked scones & coffe to your room and then serve you breakfast which includes pancakes from scratch with fresh blueberries? Swoon.

Following breakfast we ventured out to explore wine country. Since wine tasting can be a little dangerous with out sustenance, we stopped by the Amador Vintage Market to stock up on snacks.

Since last year we tasted at 5 different wineries, we made it our mission to try 5 new places. Not only did we succeed, we went beyond our expectations and went to six different tasting rooms:

and

My favorite was Borjon. Their wines were unique and the manager who was also running the tasting room could not have been nicer. Also, Borjon is the only Mexican American run winery in Amador county, the tasting room had a great western theme and the wine glasses looked like this:


When all was said and done, I made the decision that if I could, I would never leave Amador Co. or the Handford house. Alas, real life is beckoning and so is my laundry. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment